Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOW can I be a preparatory high shcool teacher?

the subjects s are English literature. psychology. history


and any information about it


for example:how many hours i have to work in school?


how many money i recieve annual salary?


what it is good for be a good teacher?


what kind of teacher students like?


est........


sorry I don't have much time to wirte about it before March 17th(I have to send in 17th...)


it is school report that survey about how I can be a high school teacher?(especially preparatory scholl)

HOW can I be a preparatory high shcool teacher?
My husband grew up at a preparatory school. Most preparatory schools board in their students and can have students from many nations in attendance. It really is much more college-like than high-school-like except that the students are well supervised where at college they are not. His mom was the school nurse and lived in the faculty section of the dorms. She retired several years after my husband and I married.





Question - How many hours will I have to work?


Most faculty live right there on campus. The function of teachers at a boarding school is more than just teaching. Because the students are far from home there is also a family/supervisory element to the job. That means that beyond classroom time you will be expected to share a portion of supervisory roles. This will mean that the total hours that you put in will likely be the same or higher than a standard high school. The teachers that I met didn't seem to feel like it was an excessive hardship though. They seemed to be very attached to the students and there really was a family feel to the relationships between students and teachers.





How much annual salary will I recieve?


At a boarding preparatory school, part of your pay is in housing. By the time you balance everything out, your pay will be comparable to master degree teacher pay at a public school or higher. Of course, you may have to have a master's degree to work there.





One warning about getting a job there. Preparatory schools are very selective when it comes to faculty. The courses that the students are doing are college level, so the expectations upon staff are similar to what a college would be looking for.





The school where my husband grew up has been around for over 100 years. It is situated in the beautiful city of Asheville, NC right at the base of the Blue Ridge Parkway. That is some beautiful country right there! You can look the school up at http://ashevilleschool.org. Note the tuition to go there - $34,663 per year per student. Yikes. That is more than most colleges. Parents are willing to pay it though because the teaching is outstanding and most students get into Ivy League colleges - MIT, Stanford, Yale, etc. My husband's brother went to MIT. He was able to attend Asheville Scool free because his mom worked there. My husband opted to go to the local public school. Boy what a difference in education the two boys/men received.
Reply:I hope that this is just a survey. I hope you're not actually going to be a teacher because your grammar is horrendous!





FYI, I don't know "how many money" you would make.


No comments:

Post a Comment