Sunday, November 15, 2009

How much do you make on an average month in car sales? What dealership do you work for and what city/town?

I have been is sales before and am getting ready to go back into. I am just doing a census survey I guess. I would like for only salesman to reply and let me know what is an average salary per month for you, also let me know what you sell and what location?





Thinks,





Josh

How much do you make on an average month in car sales? What dealership do you work for and what city/town?
I sold cars 4 years ago when I was flirting with a career change, I worked at a Chevy dealership near Seattle selling new and used. Over a 8 month period I averaged 11 cars a month. Between spiffs and commisions, I was averaging about 4k a month. Not great money but not too bad considering I was just starting out. Some of the other salesman were bringing in 70-80k. Of course you can kiss your weekends goodbye as well as any sort of social life. You get to get to the dealership bright and early to unlock and move around cars, balloon them, tag them, walk the inventory, etc. then stay late at night locking up all those cars, taking down the balloons, and locking the gates. I was putting in about 55 hours a week minimum. Not a career I would recommend.
Reply:Josh ..find another career, I sold cars for a couple of years You don't want to get into it, you get a % of sale but you make out better on used cars it's alot of foot work paper work dealing with your Mgr find another career...... To make a fair living you wood need to sell 5 cars a month that's no easy feet


No comments:

Post a Comment