Sunday, November 15, 2009

Negotiating base salary?

I just got off the phone with the VP who hired me as a survey analyst. I asked about the benefits, and even managed to move my start date a week later so I can attend a family function and have a few more days for apt hunting. I just couldn't bring myself to discuss the salary. I felt like she was waiting for me to discuss salary but I just couldn't do it. She said I could call her back if anything came up. So how do I go about asking for more at this point? I would like to do it today before I get the contract.

Negotiating base salary?
Call and say Hello,


I wanted to clarify with you the compensation for this position before moving forward. Have you received a job offer letter? Will you be recieving one? She was waiting for you to bring it up. What do you know about what they make there? Call another rep and see what they make. A lot of the current companies offer low salaries and high comms. now a days go online and check what the average is. That way you do not come into high to scare them away and make sure it is enough to pay the rent without comm. Good Luck and remember you are worth it and will earn a lot as long as you remember your value.
Reply:ask for what you want!


and if they say no then say what other benifits can i have how about an extra week of paid vacation sence you can't give me more money this will be a way!


What about bonus!


haggle and work something out.,. it's hard to ask for more money but your not going to get into trouble if you ask!

shoe labels

No comments:

Post a Comment